Friday 6 February 2015

Welcome to The ScottyPedia Blog

Greetings, fellow netizens. ScottyPedia (also known as Scotty Ranking©) here letting down my bucket into the blogosphere! I hope that what I have to say here, even if lengthy, will be worth the read.


Let me tell you all a bit about myself and why I created this blog. Despite being (fairly) satisfactorily employed through my IT/engineering skills since 1994, I felt a need to diversify my bonds, so to speak. Having had a penchant for language and writing, it was suggested that I pursue certification along that line. COSTAATT, having within it a school of journalism and communication studies, appealed to me and from 2012 I once again became a tertiary-level student, this time around pursuing a degree in Mass Communication.


However, the academic world that existed in my late teens and early 20s is definitely not the one that I encountered at age 36 (yes, I'm "old"!). For one, the majority of the students that I met could realistically be my offspring (I actually have two COSTAATT ‘daughters’ now). And some of the faculty members are actually close to my age or even younger than I am. The Internet was a fledgling entity two decades ago and social media was practically non-existent. Now, those two form an integral part of a student’s everyday existence, including mine now since I’m studying mass communication.


So far my experience has been a fantastic one, academically and socially. I’ve made many friends among my classmates and gained the respect of my lecturers. due to my age and wealth of experiential knowledge (I’ve really seen and read a whole lot in this life), some of my classmates started jokingly referring to me as ScottyPedia. As you can guess the name stuck, making me a trusted information resource for COSTAATT.


I know a lot but I don’t claim to know everything. What I do know is that I’ll try to be informative, entertaining and enjoyable! So join me on my blog journey as i deliver my unique perspectives on life, aging, education, entertainment and other popular and topical issues. Hope you all enjoy the ride.


You can also join me on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ScottyPedia
Twitter - @Scotty_Ranking (just can’t abandon that handle, had it for far too long!)
#ScottyPedia



Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to comment freely and express your views on any matter discussed. All that I ask is that you be respectful of others and that you keep the obscenities to a minimum, please.

Scotty Ranking© says so!
ScottyPedia forever!